Us & The Environment
Environmental Timber Purchasing Policy
1. The Company recognizes a responsibility to the environment, the Company’s customers, suppliers and staff to base its commercial activities on well managed forests.
2. The Company is committed to sourcing all timber products from legal sources.
3. The Company will not source any timber species prohibited under Appendix 1 of the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species (CITIES).
Traceability & Supplier Monitoring
4. The Company will regularly obtain from suppliers:
A) Information relating to their environmental practices.
B) Clearest practical information regarding the sources of raw material used in the manufacturer of the wood products.
The information received will form a part of purchasing decisions and will be made available on request to interested parties.
5. This Company recognizes that the independent certification of forests and the process chain is the most useful tool in providing assurances that the timber comes from legal and well-managed forests.
6. The Company will only accept or use labels, which include environmental or sustainability claims if these are supported by publicly available standards drawn up in a fully participatory transparent and objective manner backed by independent inspection.
7. The Company will not encourage boycotts or bans on specific species of timber. Notwithstanding this, the Company will cease to purchase any timber products whose supply is in breach of commitment 2.
Avoid Misleading Claims
8. The Company will avoid misleading and unsubstantiated environmental claims in relating to wood products supplies.
9. The Company has appointed a Director to be responsible for the implementation of this policy and will ensure that environmental issues relevant to the policy are discussed regularly at the highest level of management. The Company will ensure that all employees associated with timber purchasing are encouraged to act in accordance with this policy and are given appropriate education and training to do so if required.
10. The Company will define its own programmes and establish its own objectives and targets to achieve continuous improvement in environmental performance in accordance with this policy.
| Trees are the earth's endless effort to speak to the listening heaven. |